It’s amazing what a kid will eat when you make it look like a cookie. When I offered Cohen my new concoction (originally named the Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Ball), he immediately refused it. So, I smashed it into a tiny little disc and he smiled with delight and said “Cookie!” Before I could blink he had the thing in his mouth and half eaten. Success!
With nearly 7 grams of protein in every bite, and just enough sweetness to satisfy those cravings, these little CoCo Bites are a must try. Whip them up in a matter of minutes and enjoy!
- 1 cup Almond Meal
- 1/2 cup Organic Oats (I used quick cooking because that's what I had)
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 cup Pure Maple Syrup (or Honey, Agave, etc.)
- 3 scoops Vanilla or Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1 T Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 t Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 T Coconut Oil
- 2 T Water (you may need more or less to get the "dough" to stick together)
- Mix everything together (except the water) in a food processor or heavy duty mixer
- Once everything is combined well, add water 1 T at a time until the "dough" begins to stick together
- Form into balls, cookies, or bars
- Store in the fridge.