We had very busy weekend…Easter came early! Justin’s brother, along with his wife and three adorable girls moved all the way to South Carolina a few months ago, so when we heard they were coming to visit we hopped on the chance (haha, get it) to have a big Easter party and egg hunt. We miss these guys so much!
I love, love, love cooking for a crowd so I volunteered to make the Easter feast. I’m sure everyone worries just a little bit that I will make all “health” food, but I do my best to compromise! Everyone totally noticed that I made my scratch Parker House Rolls with whole wheat instead of white though. But, in my defense, I also made things like spinach-artichoke dip and cupcakes. I had my sister-in-law believing that I actually made the spinach dip with protein powder instead of cheese. lol. Wouldn’t that be nice if it were possible!
I took the Saturday lunch as an opportunity to work in some food prep. I made a huge smoked ham and tons of veggies to go on the side. Here’s the full menu (and you can bet I ate a little bit of everything on here!) I admit, I did sub in healthy/clean items where I could, but really, this was an all-out cheat meal and I loved every second of it!
- Spinach Artichoke Dip and Chips
- Fruit Bar (strawberries, blueberries, kiwi and Banana)
- Whipped Cream Cheese Dip
- Fresh Squeezed Orange and Honey Fruit Glaze (I. love. this. stuff!)
- Gluten Free Lemon Poppyseed Almond Cookies (These made and AMAZING crusts for some fruit “pizzas”)
- Peas with Pancetta and Shallots
- Glazed Carrots
- Tangerine Glazed Smoked Ham
- Whole Wheat Parker House Rolls
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Icing (made completely with all the bad stuff!)
- Eggs, eggs, and more eggs (boiled and dyed, but edible nonetheless!)
We had plenty of leftovers so one of Justin’s meals are taken care of and so are some dinners for the kids. All that was left for my actual Sunday food prepping was…
- Baked Chicken Breasts
- Green Beans
- Sirloin Burgers with Smoked Gouda
- Salad Mix
- Chinese 5 Spice Chicken
- Sesame-Cilantro Soba Noodles
- With the leftover rolls and ham, I made some Ham & Cheese sliders for the kids!
An early Easter party was just what I needed after the 100k Challenge (see how I did here). It couldn’t have been more perfect timing. For those of you who haven’t had Easter yet, I hope you have a good one! Enjoy yourself, eat what you want, then get back to business the next day.
The two coolest Easter Bunnies ever! Love my Mak n Coco!